Monday, February 2, 2009

India working on Ayurvedic and herbal cure for HIV/AIDS

Scientists from India and Japan are attempting to develop Ayurvedic and herbal formulations to treat HIV/AIDS, according to the former Indian president.

Speaking at the Southeast Asian conference on Tuberculosis and Chest diseases, A.P.J. Abdul Kalam (an eminent scientist himself) said scientists are working with nearly 60 plant species and have found that 16 of those have the properties to fight AIDS.

Kalam also said that Army Medical Corps are also working on formulations based on Ayurvedic Medicine to cure HIV/AIDS. However, he did not specify which plant species were involved or where the research was taking place.

India currently has 2.5 million HIV/AIDS patients with over 700,000 of those being children under 14 years-old.

"Herbal medicines are part of our age-old traditions and we should work on them to treat diseases," said Kalam.

1 comment:

UPDATE said...

I am indeed very happy for my life; I never thought that I will live on earth before the year runs out. I have been suffering from a deadly disease (HIV/AIDS) for the past 2 years now; I had spent a lot of money going from one places to another, from churches to churches, hospitals have been my every day residence. Constant checks up have been my hobby but until this faithful day, I was searching through the internet, I saw a testimony on how a spell caster helped someone in curing his Molluscum Contagiosum disease, quickly I copied his email which is dr.hazzanherbalcentre@gmail.com I spoke to him, he asked me to do some certain things which I did, he told me that he is going to cast the spell which he did, then he asked me to go for medical checkup after 45 minutes of casting the spell, I was free from the deadly disease, he only asked me to post the testimony through the whole world, faithfully am doing it now, please brothers and sisters, he is great, I owe him my life, if you are having a similar problem just email him on dr.hazzanherbalcentre@gmail.com CALL/WHATSAPP +2348169340571.